OSAGE CITY—Firefighters responded to a structure fire at 11:27 a.m. Thursday morning at Morningside Apartments.
The fire was contained to Apartment A-1, located at 1000 Main St., in Osage City. There was no damage to the three adjacent apartments in the unit.
According to the Osage City Police Department, the fire was accidentally started in a vacant apartment by maintenance workers. No one was injured in the fire.
A resident that lived in the building was not home at the time of the fire and will be moved to another apartment in the complex.